EUROPEAN UTILITY WEEK
The European Utility Week is the leading event for European power and energy companies. The last time it was held in Spain was in 2009. Now, in its last edition, the European Utility Week organization chose Barcelona to celebrate the 2016 fair, which took place at Fira Barcelona between the 15th and 17th of November.
This event has grown significantly in the last six years, as well as expanding its target sectors (smart metering, smart grids, home automation, smart cities and renewable energy). The edition of 2015 surpassed 9,000 visitors, tripling the number of 2009 and counted on 374 exhibitors, thus forming the main forum to reach the electrical companies of all Europe. The forecast for this year was to reach 12,000 visitors, with more than 600 exhibitors and 450 speakers with an extensive program of first-level conferences.
European Utility Week is passionate about fulfilling his role to help the smart energy industry drive efficiencies in meeting sustainable development goals.
As the premier business, innovation and information platform connecting the smart utility community, they focus on regional and global developments in Grid Optimisation, Renewables, Energy Storage, Smart Metering, Smart Cities, Smart Homes, Energy Services & Efficiency, Intelligent Buildings, Data Management, Analytics and IoT, Cyber Security, Smart Gas and Smart Water.
Innovation underlines every element of the show with a special focus on connecting people from all levels of the utility value chain from technology giants to start-ups and from senior-level experts to young talent.
EUROPEAN UTILITY WEEK, BARCELONA 2016
The keys of this year have been:
- The exhibition. The exhibition accommodated a multitude of organisations from all the major value streams stretching from transmission to the end-user. A syndicate of end-to-end industry solutions as well as specific zones dedicated to Innovation, Energy Storage, Intelligent Buildings, Energy Revolution and Intelligent Grid.
- Audience. Over 3 days, you could meet with your peers, clients and prospects from across the entire smart energy value chain.
- The Summit. In addition to the exhibition there was the notable multi-track strategic Summit where you could learn from over 130 speakers who gather to discuss future trends and impending implications for the smart energy industry.
- The Hub Sessions. Unique to this 3-day event, was the free content from the programme that spills onto the exhibition in the form of Hub Sessions. These sessions were more practical in nature and focus on real life, first hand utility-project experiences and technology innovation. All sessions were free to attend for visitors of the exhibition.
- Initiate! Startup Programme. 65 startups had a chance to exhibit free of charge. There are also plenty opportunities to connect and brainstorm with the incumbents in the industry, meeting with VCs and those responsible for the venture arms of within the utilities.
- Initiate! Young Talent Programme. The Initiate! Young Talent programme strived to connect these bright and eager minds with the industry in an effort to spark debate and enable collaboration between the talent of the future and the more established industry professionals.
AND NEXT YEAR AMSTERDAM
There is already a date for the next European Utility Week. It will be held in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands, and will take place from 3 to 5 October 2017. See you in Amsterdam for EUW17!
Check European Utility Week for more information.